I discovered a neat trick for adding custom thumbnails directly from an internet url.
You'll need a tabbed browser like Internet Explorer 7 or Firefox.
- In any tabbed browser, get the thumbnail or JPEG image on the display somewhere. I use Google Images.
- Point at the image with your mouse, right click and select "Copy Image Location", you now have the URL in your clipboard
- Below: In a second browser tab, navigate to the Gallery item for which you want a custom thumbnail and select "Edit Item"
- Below: Find the Custom Thumbnail box at the bottom of the page and press the "Browse" button
- Below: When the browse dialogue opens, touch the file name entry box with the mouse and press "SHIFT+INSERT" or use right click "paste". The url will appear in the file browse box.
- Now press "OPEN" and you'll be returned to the Album page.
- Below: Press "SAVE" and windows will fetch the URL image and feed it just like it was on the local computer.
- You now have a nice custom thumbnail from an internet image, and it never hit your hard drive!
Very handy for snagging that extra descriptive image while you browse the internet.