In Gallery 1, there are many places where text is not standardized. The purpose of this page is to document those inconsistencies.
Gallery 1 (1.5.1 as of this writing) does not have standardized text for terms and punctuation. This can lead to the following:
- Unpolished appearance
- Confusion when giving guidance to users
- The words Yes and No should be capitalized in all pulldown menus.
--> Done in Gallery 1.5.2-cvs-b24
EVERY translateable "yes" / "no" is now "Yes" / "No"
- Album Properties:Layout -- the word Color should be capitalized across the entire page.
- Album Properties:Slideshow -- the words Yes and No should be capitalized in the pulldown menus.
- Album Properties:Sizes -- the word Off in the pulldown should be captialized.
- Album Properties:Display -- the words Yes and No should be capitalized in the pulldown menus.
- Album Properties:Services -- the words Yes and No should be capitalized in the pulldown menus.
- Album Properties:Microthumbs -- Microthumbs is spelled as Microthumbs, Micro thumbs, and Micro-thumbs.
- Any Photo Page -- In the pulldown menu for the Album actions, "Actions" should be capitalized.
- Album Actions -- In the pulldown menu for the Album actions for the album (not the photos), all items should be capitalized to reflect the standard in the pulldown for the photos.
- Add Photos Dialog Box -- There should be spaces between "Upload any images found at this location.The location can either be a URL or a local directory on the server."
- Album Permissions Dialog Box -- There should be a period at the end of "Users who can see the album"
--> All done in Gallery 1.5.2-cvs-b24
Please continue below this.