Please note: In order for URL rewrite to work correctly, it must first be disabled and uninstalled prior to installing your bridge plugin. Otherwise, your installation will not work.
These directions were written with the Geeklog content management system in mind. However, these directions should work with most other embedded systems.
- After installing the GL_Gallery2 bridge plugin [or equivalent for your CMS], access the site admin section of Gallery2 through the embedded site. In Geeklog, login as administrator, select the "GL_Gallery2" link on the left-hand side. The Gallery2 site should be "wrapped" in your web site's header, footer, and blocks.
- Select "Site Admin" and then "Modules".
- Scroll down to the plugin "URL Rewrite" and click "install." Do not activate the module!
- After the module installs, you should see a new link on the left menu called URL Rewrite. Click this link and then select the "Setup" tab.
- In the tab, there is a section near the bottom of the page dedicated to Embedded Setups. For embedded sites to work correctly, this section must be set correctly or broken links and images will ensue.
- - Htaccess path should point to the location of your embedded site's .htaccess file, e.g. /var/www/html_docs/ or /home/user/public_html.
- - Public path should point to the path where your embedded Gallery2 is accessed. For example, if you set up the GL_Gallery2 plugin so that people access your gallery from http://www.yoursitehere.com/my_pictures, you should enter "/my_pictures". (Note that your hostname is already entered and does not need to be entered again.)
- Save the results and select the "Test" tab. Make sure all the tests are successful. If they are not, you may have made a mistake. Double check your steps.
- Return to the Modules section of the Gallery2 Setup. Activate URL Rewrite and test your results by surfing your site. If you have problems after this step, you may need additional support.