A generic e-mail/notification module that lets other modules use it for sending e-mail when an event occurs.
Adds a Notification Site Admin option that allows the site administrator the ability to define which gallery events are available for "watching"; what is the action taken when this event occurs (currently sending an email is the only available action); and whether this notification is public or only seen by administrators.
Adds a "Your Account" administration screen which summarizes the events that a user has signed up.
Adds a "watch" action for albums or other gallery items. This will allow you to be notified of various actions that are generated with Gallery.
The most likely events that notifications would be enabled for are when a item is added or then a comment is added.
- Install and activate the module in site admin -> plugins
- login as admin
- select plugins from the left navigation
- The notification module is part of the standard installation and should appear in the plugin list.
- Activate the notification module.
- You will now have a notification link in the Admin Options section of site admin.
- Site Admin -> Admin Options -> Notification.
- Select a event from the combo box.
- Select a notification handler
- Enable event / handler combination.
- Set the event / handler combination to public if you want all the users to have access to this event notification.
- Your Account -> Watch List
- Change the existing subscriptions.
Subscribe to an event on a item
- Go to the item/album you would like to be notified about.
- under item/album actions you should see a "watch" action.
- Subscribe to the action and method you would like.