Adds "Register" system link for guests. Configure in site admin.
If active, the register module offers visitors of your site the option to self-register to become a full member of your Gallery 2.
After entering their preferred username, email address and password, they are either added directly to the Registered users group of G2 or they are listed as pending users awaiting confirmation.
In site admin -> Registration, you can configure whether the admin needs to manually activate each user, or if the user receive a confirmation email and must click on a link from the received email to activate the account (this way their email address is validated) or if no confirmation / activation is needed at all.
- Adds self-registration for all visitors
- Three different modes:
- Activate each user manually in site admin -> Registration
- User must activate their accounts after receiving the confirmation email
- No further activation required
- Sends welcome email to new users
- Optionally sends an email for each new user registration to the admin
- If the CAPTCHA module is active, CAPTCHA is used to prevent bots from spamming your Gallery 2 with automatically generated users
- Read the plugin installation instructions to enable the user registration module.
- Configure the settings in site admin -> Registration
- Make sure the email functionality of your Gallery 2 is working by using the test email form in site admin -> General
- Allow the admin to create additional custom fields to collect during registration. User:tristanputman 11:35, 14 June 2007 (CST)
- In "authorisation by admin" mode, send an automatic e-mail to the user when his account has been activated. Rowan.bradley 15:54, 4 August 2006 (PDT)
- When Admin creates an account, send an automatic e-mail to the new user giving him details of his account. As a further refinement, he could have a one-time password, which could be sent in a separate e-mail, and he could be forced to change it to a password of his choosing before he could do anything else. Rowan.bradley 15:54, 4 August 2006 (PDT)
- Provide an admin facility for bulk creation of user accounts from a CSV or Excel file. Rowan.bradley 15:54, 4 August 2006 (PDT)
- Allow the admin to add a custom message to the registration screen and/or confirmation email. --StarDestroyer 13:35, 19 December 2006 (PST)
• Offer an option so only the main gallery administrator receives registration requests.
- Would be helpful to have single sign-on options so users don't need yet another password (OpenID, perhaps Facebook/google logins, LDAP, and/or similar...)
1353513 Double-clicking activate for a new user causes errors