Allows reupload of pictures
Replace the original image of existing items in your G2 without losing meta-data like description, comments, ...
- Download the module from the download page if necessary. The minimal and typical package of G2 don't include this module.
- Install and activate the module
- In 'edit photo' -> 'modify photo' tab, you have now the option to replace the image by uploading a newer revision / another version
It would be nice to reupload other files besides just images (e.g. PDFs, etc).
- It does not seem possible to upload a tiff to replace a jpg []
- When used in conjunction with Replica module, it is possible to reupload the data file (that the replica points at) with a different file, causing the replica to become out of synch with the original item. The original item's file seems to get replaced, while the thumbnails and resizes and database data remain intact. []
- When used in conjunction with the Watermark module, Watermarks are not re-added to the new picture after reuploading. []
- When used in conjunction with the EXIF module, titles and keywords are not re-scanned to update the database after reuploading. []