Generates a Google Sitemap for your complete Gallery.
- Google Webmaster Tools - Sitemap
- What's Google Sitemap?
- This plugin creates the XML output (as defined by sitemaps.org and google), but does not create a sitemap file in the expected location (http://www.yoursite.com/gallery2/sitemap.xml).
- You will have to manually submit the output xml URL to google and the other search engines since this plugin doesn't create a sitemap.xml file (per sitemaps.org)
- This plugin probably does not limit its output for very large sites: "You can provide multiple Sitemap files, but each Sitemap file that you provide must have no more than 50,000 URLs and must be no larger than 10MB (10,485,760 bytes)." (sitemaps.org)
- No Sitemap Index file (sitemap_index.xml) is created
- Install the sitemap module (Site Admin -> Plugins -> Get More Plugins -- look for it in the Export category)
- Instructions are in Site Admin -> Sitemap (look for Export category)
- Make it fully Sitemaps.org compliant
- search engines will automatically look for the files and find them so that you won't have to submit the url to the search engines.
- Put output in sitemap.xml file(s) stored in the gallery2 root directory
- Create sitemap_index.xml file
- limit output for very large sites
- schedule automatic updates of sitemap xml files
- Ability to mark albums/items specifically for exclusion from the sitemap index