A plugin to handle transcoding options for videos.
A toolkit like ffmpeg is required to perform the processing. Once a transcoded derivative exists Flash Video Render will be able to display it.
NOTE: This is currently only a patch, and is currently under review. The required changes to ffmpeg happened in revision 17614 and are available in G2.3rc1 or better.
- Currently only transcodes to flash video
- Transcode Item Edit Tab
- Transcode on upload
- Flip, mirror, and rotate videos when transcoding
- Transcode audio files to mp3
- Transcode videos to formats other than flash video
- Videos may have multi-channel audio (i.e. Dolby Digital 5.1) that can not be downmixed to stereo.
- If Transcoding fails, it will retry without audio.
- Typical videos created by digitial cameras, digital camcorders, and camera phones should not have this problem.
- "Ripped" DVDs and downloaded movie trailers are more likely to have this problem.