Summer of Code
- Mentors: talmdal, zimzat and virshu ready to decide, jablko doing final evaluations
- Looking forward to seeing virshu's and jablko's choice / preferences in the summer-gallery-mentors group list
- Mentors should discuss who'll mentor which student and assign themselves to a specific student's application by Saturday
- Start sending out emails to students with some tips for future applications on Sunday
G2.3 Experimental Repository
- G2.2 doesn't check plugin compatibility and tries to install plugins from any DP repository
- Can't expose G2.3 Experimental Repository to G2.2 users
- Fix: Add API strings in DP request such that we can return only compatible repository indices
- Default to G2.2 compatible repositories if no API string present in request
- API string could be in request params or in request headers
Gallery 2.3 Roadmap
- Decision was made to only have minor API changes in G2.3
- We wanted a shorter release cylce for G2.2 and failed miserably. Having major API changes wouldn't help in G2.3.
- Strive for a shorter release cycle for G2.3 again.
- There are plenty of changes we can make w/o a major API change: User:Bharat#Does_not_require_API_change, [], Gallery2:Roadmap:2.3
- mindless suggests to keeping G2.3 mostly a performance, bugfix, cleanup release and keeping the release cycle really small.
- A roadmap meeting has been scheduled for next Thursday.
- The next meeting will be about the roadmap only.
- Please prepare your suggestions for the roadmap and we'll spend the whole next meeting to agree on a roadmap for G2.3.
- Hopefully more people will contribute to the roadmap, if not as high-priority goals, then as community or low-priority goals.
- Joe7 asks whether there are other suggestions or if we all want to go to Minnesota this year
- Where, when? Add your suggestions at: GalleryCon2007
Happy News Dept
- Mr and Mrs Signe are expecting! :D
- No updates on the survey / usability this week.
- ckdake continues to work on evaluating 'pootle' and that it is a challenge to set up.
- More updates next meeting
- Waiting for a G1 story on GMC from tim_j
- ckdake will probably get the release 1.5 packaged to night (March 29th)
- tim_j to create a G1 story.
- schultmc to put PCMag/InformationWeek scans in the GMC G2.
- h0bbel to post something about InformationWeek in the next "nice news" article.
- h0bbel will create a wiki page for "nice news" suggested topics and work on the next "nice news" article.
- Everyone: Prepare your suggestions for the G2.3 roadmap for the next meeting which is entirely about the roadmap
- jablko, virshu: Post your SoC choice to the mentoring mailing list
- talmdal, zimzat, virshu, jablko: Agree on the student assignements and officially assign the students in the SoC mentor home.