Meeting Notes: Apr 19 2007 - Gallery Codex
Meeting Notes: Apr 19 2007
From Gallery Codex
Summer of Code
- schultmc has sent out the welcome note to the accepted students and 3 of the 4 have introduced them selves to the -devel list.
- schultmc posted a GMC story on the accepted projects.
- bharat suggested the following steps: 1st step is to get hey on #gallery, 2nd step is to find a small useful change for them to make, so they can get experience sending out code reviews, disc
Gallery 2.3 Roadmap
- If you working on something on the list, please put your name beside it.
- When an item is completed, put a check mark beside it.
- Bharat has move the "Done's" back up and check mark them.
- Bharat indicted that he motivated to work on the anti-spam integration (akismet).
- It was decided to add an "a better image generator" for Captcha to the "ought to have" list
- Looks like Minneapolis in the fall (Sept 15th)
- jmullan will pick a hotel and restaurant by next week.
- No updates on the survey / usability this week.
- ckdake continues to work on evaluating 'pootle' and that it continues to be a challenge to set up.
- The "Future of Gallery 1" thread is threatening to break the number of comments records.
- Waiting for a G1 story on GMC from tim_j
- ckdake will probably get the release 1.5 packaged to night (March 29th)
- Mentors to contact their student and encourage them to take a small bug fix to become familiar with the Gallery processes before starting their main project.
Closed action items
- schultmc to put PCMag/InformationWeek scans in the GMC G2.
- h0bbel to post something about InformationWeek in the next "nice news" article.
- tim_j to create a G1 story.
- h0bbel will create a wiki page for "nice news" suggested topics and work on the next "nice news" article.
- Everyone: Prepare your suggestions for the G2.3 roadmap for the next meeting which is entirely about the roadmap
- jablko, virshu: Post your SoC choice to the mentoring mailing list
- talmdal, zimzat, virshu, jablko: Agree on the student assignements and officially assign the students in the SoC mentor home.