Meeting Notes: Apr 19 2007 - Gallery Codex
Personal tools

Meeting Notes: Apr 19 2007

From Gallery Codex

Project Tasks

Summer of Code

  • schultmc has sent out the welcome note to the accepted students and 3 of the 4 have introduced them selves to the -devel list.
  • schultmc posted a GMC story on the accepted projects.
  • bharat suggested the following steps: 1st step is to get hey on #gallery, 2nd step is to find a small useful change for them to make, so they can get experience sending out code reviews, disc

Gallery 2.3 Roadmap

  • If you working on something on the list, please put your name beside it.
  • When an item is completed, put a check mark beside it.
  • Bharat has move the "Done's" back up and check mark them.
  • Bharat indicted that he motivated to work on the anti-spam integration (akismet).
  • It was decided to add an "a better image generator" for Captcha to the "ought to have" list

GalleryCon 2007

  • Looks like Minneapolis in the fall (Sept 15th)
  • jmullan will pick a hotel and restaurant by next week.

G2 Usability

  • No updates on the survey / usability this week.


  • No updates this week.


  • ckdake continues to work on evaluating 'pootle' and that it continues to be a challenge to set up.
    • The saga continues

Gallery Foundation

  • The "Future of Gallery 1" thread is threatening to break the number of comments records.

Gallery 1

  • Waiting for a G1 story on GMC from tim_j
  • ckdake will probably get the release 1.5 packaged to night (March 29th)

Action Items

  • Mentors to contact their student and encourage them to take a small bug fix to become familiar with the Gallery processes before starting their main project.

Closed action items

  • schultmc to put PCMag/InformationWeek scans in the GMC G2.
    • Cancelled
  • h0bbel to post something about InformationWeek in the next "nice news" article.
    • Cancelled
  • tim_j to create a G1 story.
    • Done
  • h0bbel will create a wiki page for "nice news" suggested topics and work on the next "nice news" article.
    • Done
  • Everyone: Prepare your suggestions for the G2.3 roadmap for the next meeting which is entirely about the roadmap
    • Done
  • jablko, virshu: Post your SoC choice to the mentoring mailing list
    • Done
  • talmdal, zimzat, virshu, jablko: Agree on the student assignements and officially assign the students in the SoC mentor home.
    • Done