Meeting Notes: Dec 14 2006 - Gallery Codex
Personal tools

Meeting Notes: Dec 14 2006

From Gallery Codex

Project Tasks

Gallery 2.2

  • Target RC-1 for 20-Dec
    • webdav/httpauth still not ready, need another week.. still can't reliably predict when it will be ready, as problems with windows/webdav are unsolved
    • moving one P9 to P8 (not reproducible), other P9 is rewrite/webdav related, valiant and jablko on it
    • mindless did a bit more browser testing, fixing button rendering for IE in installer/upgrader; browser tests should not hold up RC-1.

Theme contest

  • volksport awol, ckdake to take point starting tomorrow
  • flash banner ads ready, still waiting for better landing page/docs, copy&paste examples; Joe7 hopes we can prioritize this


  • Had docs meeting last week; mindless sent some category ideas, valiant has been doing some categorization, building new pages and sandbox pages
  • Replacing bundled G1 docs with codex links is in progress (Tim_j)
  • ckdake has not received emails back from college proposal for doc writers
    • will try again in December

G2 Usability

Gallery Foundation

  • schultmc talked to SPI, found our Google Ads revenue is not tax exempt (can't go through SPI); to determine if affiliate revenue is tax exempt they need to see the affiliate agreements. schultmc got some info from MikeK, expecting more soon.

GMC search

  • building of search index running again, small bits in off hours
  • bharat needs to contact drupal devs
  • bharat owns this


  • Gallery now a project on launchpad: but translations(rosetta) not setup yet.
  • Ready to try an import.. mindless will do a language sync and prepare a file for ckdake.
  • For now we'll have to download a tgz of updates and commit ourselves, but that may change later.

Gallery 1

  • No updates this week
  • h0bbel / ckdake get nervous on new G1 releases due to insufficient testing
  • If releasing a new version of G1 requires us to put more resources in the G1 section of the forums, then this is a bad thing for the project.
  • Quality control has been lacking in recent releases
  • We agree that G1.5.x releases need more testing and that G1.6 should be blocked until it has received sufficient testing
  • A G1.5 testing plan shouldn't be that hard: A matrix of major features + changes from the changelog vs. browser/server env. Exhaustive tesring is not necessary, just major features + changes since the last release.
  • G1.6 testing needs much more work. More environments and a more detailed feature list should span the matrix.

Last Week's Action Items

  • valiant retested webdav with windows.. still has problems

Action Items

  • jablko to work on webdav blockers
  • birdman to work on DB2 REORG/RUNSTATS upgrade