Meeting Notes: Jan 11 2007 - Gallery Codex
Personal tools

Meeting Notes: Jan 11 2007

From Gallery Codex

Project Tasks

Gallery 2.2

  • Bharat tried to contact Gulftech for security audit, still no response! May hold up release if not started soon. Want an estimate by next mtg or we'll need to look for alternatives.
  • Not much progress on RC-2 blockers since last week
    • jablko/valiant will focus on webdav/httpauth related tasks
    • Bharat will focus on DP tasks
  • Need IIS 6 / 7 / MSSQL appliances for testing, else we need to release G2.2 with new known issues about IIS (webdav and php-cgi)
    • h0bbel working with microsoft to get software for testing
  • Bharat created a DB2/G2 appliance, yay! Finally we can all run DB2 tests and fix DB2 bugs!
    • still some db2 test failures.. valiant to investigate when he gets vm working
    • We need appliances for MSSQL and Oracle as well. Need to check license to see whether we can distribute such appliances.


  • mindless updated a couple module pages, but just a start
  • ckdake: no emails back from anyone yet... im gonna try bugging some people in person once the semester starts back up

G2 Usability

  • ckdake working with katrin on a new survey

Gallery Foundation

  • may need to form corporation to lower tax liability on ads/affiliate income, SPI may be able to help with this
  • schultmc now Deputy Treasurer of SPI
  • still need to work on routing donation income directly to SPI

GMC search

  • no changes this week
    • still slowly rebuilding search index of GMC
    • bharat needs to contact drupal devs
    • bharat owns this


  • ckdake uploaded a set of pot files to launchpad, still awaiting approval
  • ckdake to find out how we add people to translation group for gallery

Theme contest

  • some ads out there (gmc,adwords), but unable to get most artist sites to work with us on paying for ads
  • news about extending deadline posted to gmc
  • Improvements in Docs / Guidance / Support
    • valiant to work with thumb on Gallery2:Themes:Reference if there's time (a lot of code snippets, examples, ..)
    • Joe7 to work on the landing page right after this meeting, and mail/message ckdake once done

Gallery 1

  • No updates this week

Action Items

  • jablko/valiant to continue work on webdav/httpauth based blockers for RC-2
  • ckdake to get in touch with katrin to see if we can launch the usability survey - see above. this should happen next week.
  • joe7 to work on new theme contest landing page

Last week's action items

  • birdman to work on DB2 REORG/RUNSTATS upgrade
    • valiant to ask birdman if this is still an issue