Meeting Notes: Jan 18 2007 - Gallery Codex
Meeting Notes: Jan 18 2007
From Gallery Codex
- Security audit: Agreed on the terms. Gulftech is estimating to need about 2 weeks for the audit. Bharat will send the money today and Gulftech should be done approx. by the end of January / first week of February.
- Downloadable plugins: Bharat got 2 blockers fixed and will work on the remaining 1.5 DP related tasks next week.
- WebDAV / HTTPauth: jablko prepared 2 patches for 2 webdav blockers, should go in next week. valiant fixed a nice-to-have and will focus on the HTTPauth issue next week.
- Closing icons task, some icons in some icon packs are still missing though.
- Mindless might start on the upgrade log task, Bharat maybe on the applets task
- Need IIS 6 / 7 / MSSQL appliances for testing, else we need to release G2.2 with new known issues about IIS (webdav and php-cgi)
- h0bbel working with microsoft to get software for testing
- UPDATE: valiant tried the VHDs, which was a lot of work but it seems to work. Ready to give feedback to MS to work towards a long term solution rather sooner than later.
- Bharat created a DB2/G2 appliance, yay! Finally we can all run DB2 tests and fix DB2 bugs!
- still some db2 test failures.. valiant to investigate when he gets vm working
- UPDATE: Failures have been fixed.
- We need appliances for MSSQL and Oracle as well. Need to check license to see whether we can distribute such appliances.
- ckdake to find out how we add people to translation group for gallery
- UPDATE: requested translation group, waiting...
- ckdake: no emails back from anyone yet... im gonna try bugging some people in person once the semester starts back up
- ckdake working with katrin on a new survey
- Improvements in Docs / Guidance / Support
- valiant to work with thumb on Gallery2:Themes:Reference if there's time (a lot of code snippets, examples, ..)
- thumb got new docs, valiant didn't have time yet to contribute as well.
- Joe7 in discussion with deviantArt. Our rate will be lower than the normal rate. They need a downsized version of the flash banner.
- 5,987 clicks from google ads (out of 13,563,220 impressions)
- 17.6k page views for the landing page now
- ads on dA will run for approx 10 days
- Joe7 to ping dA to get it running ASAP
- may need to form for-profit corporation to lower tax liability on ads/affiliate income, SPI may be able to help with this
- schultmc now Deputy Treasurer of SPI
- still need to work on routing donation income directly to SPI
- UPDATE: SPI busy, schultmc will work on for-profit corp as soon as things have settled
- no changes this week
- still slowly rebuilding search index of GMC
- bharat needs to contact drupal devs
- bharat owns this
- Not much feedback for G1.6 yet.
- Will announce a "week of G1.6" after G2.2 RC-2 where everyone will mainly test-drive G1.6 instead of doing G2 stuff.
- jablko/valiant to continue work on webdav/httpauth based blockers for RC-2
- ckdake to get in touch with katrin to see if we can launch the usability survey
- joe7 to get ads on dA started
- h0bbel to provide feedback to MS (Mark Jewett) on our testdrive with VHD. We know now what we want.