- Spam protection: Akismet / publish / unpublish features for the comment module are nearly finished. A review should be ready within the next 1-2 days.
- Valiant will finish ACL by next week.
- talmdal fixed the import/export code for PHP 4
- The Language Manager code isn't available for review yet. Jozefs will be back by the end of July.
- Feature freeze: Might be mid August since the language manager is the gating factor.
Summer of Code
- Uday: implementing "Emboss,Dither,Enhance,Solarize and Spread" operations
- Feedback from Bharat: There are a few cases where a little more help would be useful to users (like the charcoal setting just has a textbox that doesn't explain what the values do to the image)
- Brian: working on some bug fixes. 8 unittests failing, working on upgrade / ALTER SQL code.
- Camilo: Submitted exiftool support to review. Still working on the search functionality.
- Hopefully i'll be working on metadata edition by next week
- Adam: Good progress. I've got my module building, maintaining, and searching an index, including respecting permisions.
- Still need to work on a more powerful query parser, search interface, and UI, and some unit tests but at least I'm making good progress
- All students should be writing unit tests already. Don't wait for all code to be finished before starting to write tests.
- Bharat explores the possibility to include Soc 2007 code in G2.3.
- We'll need to add more observers to SoC code reviews rather sooner than later to assess the code quality etc.
Changes to GMC Forums (Integrations)
- Kieran will send valiant next week a list of the required forums to create.
- Ozgreg wants separate namespaces in the wiki
- Quotes received are expensive (factor of 5 over earlier G2 audits), but worth it.
- We'll keep searching/negotiating for another few weeks.
- ckdake to start making more phone calls to hear back from all candidates
- We'd like to know if Tim_j was happy with the week of Gallery 1.
- Waiting to see the actual results / docs from Jeff Ward.
- No word from Katrin.
- Date fixed at September 22-23/2007.
- People should start booking tickets to keep costs down.
- Volksport sending out a first official email about the date today.
- Volksport checking a second Hotel (the first Hotel wants $200 a night)
- valiant to create a blocker list for G2.3
- language manager, akismet module, get the bug list a bit shorter, ...
- volksport should send out an email with the date/location/very coarse schedule; then people can book flights (e.g. knowing that most people will arrive on Friday? or Saturday?)
- Email should be out by tonight
- Need Kieran to provide a full list of forums that need to be created.
- Review Gallery2:Usability_Issues:Permissions#Wireframes and send feedback to katrin on gallery-devel.
Closed action items
- Ckdake to contact gophp5 guy and talk about including unix distros.