Meeting Notes: Mar 15 2007 - Gallery Codex
Meeting Notes: Mar 15 2007
From Gallery Codex
Summer of Code
- Gallery is officially participating in the 2007 SoC
- Mentors and admins to fill out the mentor application
- Students can file applications until March 24th
- We have until the April 9th to rank the applications
- We have 5 mentors and 3 admins, so we will plan for 5 and double up mentors if we don't get enough students. Mindless will take on a general-helper/mentor of mentors role.
- No updates on the survey / usability this week.
- The survey results will be helpful in determining the g2.3 focus areas
- ckdake is finalizing the g2.2 release announcement
- bharat has added the DP Upgrade path for review, which is the last patch pending for g2.2
- The plan is build the final packages for release g2.2 tomorrow (March 16th)
- Translators have until 9am PDT March 15th to submit final translation submissions
- 7 languages are at 100%, nopes that some of the 70-80% will push ahead
- Best translation coverage that has ever been accomplished. There are over 4200 strings to localize.
- No update. Hopefully, he will have an update next week.
- schultmc to put PCMag/InformationWeek scans in the GMC G2.
- h0bbel to post something about InformationWeek in the next "nice news" article
Closed action items
- schultmc and h0bbel will post and announcement related to S0C for GMC.