Meeting Notes: May 24 2007 - Gallery Codex
Meeting Notes: May 24 2007
From Gallery Codex
- jablko has put the "[webdav] entity-type change" for review. it can go in after 1, 2 cosmetic changes.
- Once that fix is available we are good to go.
- talmdal indicated he had a fix for R2.2.2. (Putting the creation sql in the schema table) In prepration of database import / export.
- Once these are ready, we can start preparing R2.2.2
- Will do a uber-review for 2.2.2 like what was done for 2.2.1.
- 2.2.2 candidates: Gallery2:2.2.2_Change_Candidates
- Additional 2.2.2 candidate: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1721972&group_id=7130&atid=107130
- mindless will svn diff 2.2 branch to 2.2-experimental and add to ccollab
- Maybe released g2.2.2 in 2 weeks
- mindless will ping the translators to update the few strings that have changed.
- mindless will do the release merging.
Summer of Code
- talmdal has heard from his brian and he has picked a bug to work on. talmdal will get brian's sf id and send to ckdake so he can assign the bug to himself.
- virshu and his student haven't connected yet. Tend to be on IRC at different times.
- uday attended the irc meeting, but hasn't had a chance to look at the starter project.
Changes to GMC Forums
- Kieran is on top of that task and has sent an email to all integration developers.
- Discussions continue on gallery-devel mailing list.
Gallery 2.3 Roadmap
- Item add refactoring is almost complete. Just needs a last approval for a pending review.
- talmdal working on import/export task and input validation. import/export rolled in and then rolled out (it had some issues).
- No update from Signe on akismet module
- ItemMove DHTML is 99% complete, waiting for Bharat's opinion.
- ItemDetele de-ajaxing is 80%
- bharat under pressure at work, probably won't have gallery time until this weekend
- jozefs is working on the language manager.
- snapgalaxy module needs to be tested. Bharat is in contact with their business guy so a legal agreement can be set up for it. Once these happen, it can be added to svn.
- No word from Melody about organizing in San Francisco. Need a volunteer to run with the research that Melody has already done for SF.
- jmullan is still willing to organize Minneapolis so at this point jmullen should move forward with organizing Minneapolis. Typically, individuals will book their own rooms and should plan for about 25 people. Should a the hotel hold a block of rooms (12-15).
- There is a proposal for a new G2 Starter guide from Jeff Ward.
- ckdake is functioning as the contact person on the gallery side
- No updates this week. From last week: ckdake continues to work on evaluating 'pootle' and that it continues to be a challenge to set up.
- No updates this week.
- No reply from gulftech about the g1 audit.
Closed action items
- ckdake to resolved who's the contact person for Jeff regarding a new G2 starter guide by taking it on himself.