Meeting Notes: Nov 16 2006 - Gallery Codex
Meeting Notes: Nov 16 2006
From Gallery Codex
- No set date for RC-1. It's done when the blockers are done.
- Some progress on blockers:
- security 1.4 is done
- all tests are green on all dbs
- (jablko) webdav / httpauth: still a few things to do, see blocker list for details
- webdav still has many blockers
- jablko has a patch for 4 outstanding issues
- (birdman) fixed important bugs / tests for DB2. we're getting very close to a 100% green state for DB2
- Only things left are the 2 multibyte tests whose VARCHAR fieldss are too small. Known problem.
- birdman working on REORG/RUNSTATS upgrade
- We'd like to advertise it a little more.
- volksport is too busy.
- Joe7 is interested but also too busy
- ckdake will drive it. He may not do the work, but he'll make sure it doesn't get left behind.
- michiel can run banner ads
- thumb has made a banner ad
- ckdake has not received emails back from college proposal
- will try again in December
- G1 docs are way out of date
- should we stop shipping with G1 docs and replace them with a link to the codex?
- Need input from Tim_j
- Team page
- Everybody should add themselves to the page, following h0bbel's lead.
- we need to contact SPI treasurer about tax exemption for gallery's non-donation income
- schultmc will contact them on bharat's behalf
- slowly updating search indexes again so that we can try again to renable Drupal search
- bharat needs to contact drupal devs
- bharat owns this
- 1.5.5-pl1 released
- h0bbel / ckdake get nervous on new G1 releases due to insufficient testing
- If releasing a new version of G1 requires us to put more resources in the G1 section of the forums, then this is a bad thing for the project.
- Quality control has been lacking in recent releases
- We agree that G1.5.x releases need more testing and that G1.6 should be blocked until it has received sufficient testing
- A G1.5 testing plan shouldn't be that hard: A matrix of major features + changes from the changelog vs. browser/server env. Exhaustive tesring is not necessary, just major features + changes since the last release.
- G1.6 testing needs much more work. More environments and a more detailed feature list should span the matrix.
Last Week's Action Items
- Bharat to send proposal about security task 1.2 to -core this weekend
- Not done yet. Bharat is behind on this one.
- Bharat to give input on security task 1.4
- Virshu & Valiant to fix analyze / optimize and finish that task
- valiant to send webdav root album davmount error report
- jablko to fix codeaudit failures due to webdav / httpauth
- ckdake to contact volksport about better advertisement of theme contest
- volksport is too busy to drive the theme contest; somebody else needs to drive.
- schultmc will contact SPI about tax-exempt status for non-donation project income
- valiant, michiel, Joe7, ckdake will go through katrin's survey and give feedback
- ckdake, Joe7, michiel will work on getting banner ads up for the theme contest
- jablko to work on webdav blockers
- bharat to work on security 1.2
- valiant to work on security 1.4
- birdman to work on DB2 REORG/RUNSTATS upgrade
- Tim_j, ckdake will decide how to handle G1 docs