Meeting Notes: Nov 30 2006 - Gallery Codex
Personal tools

Meeting Notes: Nov 30 2006

From Gallery Codex

Project Tasks

Gallery 2.2

  • No set date for RC-1. It's done when the blockers are done.
    • (jablko) webdav / httpauth: still a few things to do, see blocker list for details
    • think about a codename

Theme contest

  • We'd like to advertise it a little more.
    • some flash banner ads made, got permission to use background images
    • Joe7: as valiant wrote in his email, we might need a better landing page to make the 'conversion' rate better. It's unfortunately a complex task..starting with MORE DOCS
    • bharat: it would be nice if somebody could go through the theme docs and set up a skeleton of what needs to be there


  • ckdake has not received emails back from college proposal
    • will try again in December
  • G1 docs are way out of date
    • should we stop shipping with G1 docs and replace them with a link to the codex?
    • ckdake still needs to discuss with Tim_j
  • Team page
    • Everybody should add themselves to the page, following h0bbel's lead.

G2 Usability

Gallery Foundation

  • schultmc talked to SPI, found our Google Ads revenue is not tax exempt (can't go through SPI); to determine if affiliate revenue is tax exempt they need to see the affiliate agreements. schultmc to get that info from MikeK and followup with SPI.

GMC search

  • slowly updating search indexes again so that we can try again to renable Drupal search (now at 27%)
  • bharat needs to contact drupal devs
  • bharat owns this


  • Gallery now a project on launchpad: but translations(rosetta) not setup yet.. ckdake still working on this.
    • ckdake: it should work with our current process alright, we'll just get a dump from rosetta and commit instead of an emailed po from someone

Gallery 1

  • No updates this week
  • h0bbel / ckdake get nervous on new G1 releases due to insufficient testing
  • If releasing a new version of G1 requires us to put more resources in the G1 section of the forums, then this is a bad thing for the project.
  • Quality control has been lacking in recent releases
  • We agree that G1.5.x releases need more testing and that G1.6 should be blocked until it has received sufficient testing
  • A G1.5 testing plan shouldn't be that hard: A matrix of major features + changes from the changelog vs. browser/server env. Exhaustive tesring is not necessary, just major features + changes since the last release.
  • G1.6 testing needs much more work. More environments and a more detailed feature list should span the matrix.

Last Week's Action Items

  • bharat to work on security 1.2
    • Done.
  • ckdake, Joe7, michiel will work on getting banner ads up for the theme contest
    • Some progress made
  • valiant, michiel, Joe7, ckdake will go through katrin's survey and give feedback
    • Some feedback given.. enough?

Action Items

  • jablko to work on webdav blockers
  • valiant to work on security 1.4
  • birdman to work on DB2 REORG/RUNSTATS upgrade
  • Tim_j, ckdake will decide how to handle G1 docs