Meeting Notes: October 28 2008 - Gallery Codex
Meeting Notes: October 28 2008
From Gallery Codex
- ckdake (notes)
- bharat (late)
- h0bbel (late - was only there for G3 part)
- tim_j (not here but sent status)
- thumb (not here but sent status)
- need to find a buyer for GMC1
- need to find a new home for parity.menalto.com ($50/mo -> $100/mo not ok) by Nov 30
- "Jallery" -> jallery.de, sf.net/projects/jallery
- Need a story on this on GMC
- And from (Bharat/Jesse):
- 1.5.10 / 1.6-RC3 co-release date will be Nov 1
- G1 is officially frozen starting Nov 1
- No more work on Gallery 2 except for critical bug fixes and security fixes - tradeoff is that in 3 months, G3 will still be < G2 for many purposes.
- As with every G2 release, there are upgrade errors. nothing critical, no good explanations yet
- No more G1/G2 development, just fixing critical bugs
- ckdake had a good time
- bharat is pumped, talmdal is as well
- virshu mailed bharat his bluetooth headset back :)
- Gallery 3!
- we work like hell for 3 months, get a product out that is a worthy successor to G2, even if it doesn't have all the features
- not everyone would migrate right away, but that's ok - all new users would wind up on G3
- then we find more ways to get G1/G2 users to migrate to G3
- great prototype that we used to explore Kohana and some issues
- what do we need to do to move this to gallery3 in svn?
- I don't yet have a vision statement beyond "your photos on your website" and the expectations I've laid out in the past about our target user base
- We are in feature/product freeze for G1 and G2 while we're working on G3.
- We cannot build the application before we know what it looks like and how it acts. Which means we need to start with a UI