XTREME FRAME / PassPartout?
I don't understand yet what 'XTREME FRAME' and 'PassPartout' actually do.
Could you explain what they do? Maybe add some screenshots that show the results of using XTREME FRAME and passpartout.
Thanks! --Valiant 08:32, 17 February 2007 (PST)
Browser issues / bugs / compatibility
- Doesn't look the same in IE7, FF2 and opera. Slightly different positioning, different font size.
- Bug: JS error in IE7, JS syntax error in FF2 on photo page for non-photo data-item.
- Bug: Hover effect doesn't work in Opera9 (hover over thumb on frontpage -> shows weird stuff)
- Right click shows sidebar menu AND normal right-click menu (firefox)
Might need improvement
- I don't understand what 'XTREME FRAME' and 'PassPartout' are for / what they do. Needs more docs.
- Tons of files / too heavy. It's huuge. And there seems to be some duplication between images/ and the iconpacks.
We need to get it down to a managable size.
- Pretty complex, needs docs. Luckily it has docs :) . We might want to improve them a bit.
- Some default settings should be changed.
- Includes text about PG on frontpage by default. And requires editing of a file to change it. Not sure if we want to change the text to a more generic one, but we should make sure that removing it is very easy and guided.
- Low contrast for menu tab links when using some of its colorpacks
- JS needs to be polished.
- theme.inc is just huge because of the miriads of options. I guess we can mostly keep it.
- All strings seem to i18n ready.
- It certainly needs a review and theme.inc is huge. Some constants (Photoaccess) are weird. I don't see where they are defined.
- Mostly it looks very clean.
- The theme admin page needs some work. Maybe we can add sub-tabs to organize it a little better. (Rather than 1 long page)
Food for thought
- In G2.3 we'll most certainly allow themes to override module .tpl files like the Slideshow.tpl without asking the user to copy Slideshow.tpl to the right module's template folder.
- We may introduce a "color-picker" data-type for the theme settings such that users can use the color-picker they know from writing g2 comments and item titles / summaries.
- We might need to make it easier to package themes together with colorpacks, imageframes etc. (Probably not in G2.3 though).
For now, we included the colorpacks, iconpacks and imageframes in your theme folder and added a README for the end user on where to copy the packs to.