Not compatible with Beta3 use a recent git version.
This module for Gallery 3 can be used to allow administrators to create and implement a policy to allow visitors to register as users. Its strongly encouraged that if you are using this module, you should enable the recaptcha module as well.
- Only site administrators can create new user accounts.
- The register module is installed, but effectively disabled. All user creation follows the normal gallery3 defaults as defined by current identity provider.
- Visitors can create an account without confirmation nor admin approval
- If this approach is implemented, After an anonymous user fills in the registration form, their user account is created, they are automatically logged in, and a welcome dialog displays that allows them to set their password from the randomly generated default.
- Visitors can create an account with confirmation email and no admin approval
- Under this approach, after a user fills out the registration form, an email is sent to the address they specified. It contains a link that they can use to confirm their desire for an account. Once they confirm their account, the account is enabled, they are logged into Gallery3 and a welcome dialog displays that allows them to set their password from the randomly generated default
- Visitors can create an account with confirmation and admin approval
- In this approach, after a user fills out the registration form, an email is sent to the address they specified. It contains a link that they can use to confirm their desire for an account. Once they confirm their account a message is displayed indicating there request is waiting for administrator approval. Once the administrator approves their request, another email is sent indicating that their account has been created. It contains a link that allows a first time login which will request them to change their password from the randomly generated default
- The users can be attached to a default group.
- In order to enable this feature, at least one group besides Everybody and Registered Users must have been created.
Installation / Configuration
This module may be downloaded from the Gallery-contrib git repository here
Click the download button for the module you want. Extract the registration module to your gallery3/modules directory.
Activate the module: Login -> Admin -> Modules. Check the box next to the module.
Click update at the bottom of the page.
Operation / usage
Once installed you can enable the user registration policy.
Click Admin -> Settings -> User registration.
You can not have a album named 'register'.