This is a landing page for GalleryX discussions. There will be links to external documents, requirements discussions, and architectural discussions.
Bharat's big doc: http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dfjxt593_183ppzdchcq
Gx Features Spreadsheet: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pCm7r3yJjAZ8OVDap7qU9HA&hl=en
Sprint agenda: http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcpkkfq5_1c39kq26q&hl=en
October 22nd, 23rd and 24th
1) You should only plan on attending this event IF YOU PLAN TO COMMIT TIME TO WORKING ON THE PROJECT. Please do not show up with opinions and little else. Please do not show up and push a bunch of crazy ideas, then vanish into the woodwork and expect others to drive it forward.
2) You should only plan on attending if you are an active participant in the design discussions on the -devel mailing list between now and the time of the Gx sprint. If you can't find time to participate now, then I do not believe that you'll find time after this.
3) You should know that this is going to be a working session. We're going to maximize the time that we're together by spending 8+ hours a day for 3 days actually building the new product. You should bring a laptop (I can try to get Google loaners if you don't have one, but don't count on it) and expect to spend this time working. We will not be fooling around. This is not an excuse to come socialize with your Gallery friends.
The above ground rules are a requirement for bharat's participation. If you can't abide by the above rules then bharat will ask you not to participate (bharat really means it: bharat will kick you out of the meeting).
Bharat, Andy, Tim, CK, Chad, Jesse, Dave, Jakob, Dave, Jozef
Who's almost in:
Robert (said something about coming on irc, haven't heard since) Jay (might drive down with or without the fam) Felix
Who I haven't heard from yet:
Who's not in:
Take the Caltrain! http://www.sjc.org/travelers/public.html
|Name||Arrival||Sleeping||Departing||From Airport||To Airport|
|Bharat||Resident||Hosting 1 or 2|
|Jesse||Resident||Hosting 2+ peeps|
|Don||Resident||Can host 1+|
|Dave||Tue 21 Oct 6:37pm (Alaska 316) SFO||w/Don||25OCT 432P SFO||Caltrain||Caltrain|
|ckdake||Sun 19 Oct 11am (DL 1579) SJC||w/Jesse||2008.10.26 6:30AM DL 1652 SJC||Jesse||Jesse|
|Tim||Tue 21 Oct 2:05pm (Alaska 326) SJC||w/bharat||2008.10.26 7:55PM SJC||Don||??|
|Chad||Tue 21 Oct 8:10pm (Southwest 1364) OAK||Tue-Thu w/bharat, Friday w/friend||25 Oct 11:00 AM OAK||Jesse||Friend|
|Jakob||Tue 21 Oct 9:48pm (Northwest 347) SFO||w/Jesse||25 OCT 12:40pm SFO||Don||Jesse|
|Felix||Tue 21 Oct late at night||Palo Alto||Oct 24th evening or 25 morning||Self||Self|
|Jozef||18 Oct 19:20 (LH458) SFO||Andy||Sun 26 Oct 22:15 LH459 SFO||??||??|
|Tim||Yes||Would like a monitor|
|ckdake||Yes||monitors are always awesome. I'm bringing a mouse!|
|Dave||Probably||Laptop is being replaced, might have a old clunker to bring otherwise|
|Jakob||Yes||Would like a monitor since his screen is only 12"|
|Chad||Yes||Yes, same reason as Jakob :)|
|Felix||Yes||Would like a monitor|
I'd like each of you to come up with a *prioritized* list of the features that you want to see in the product.
I'm not the best person at writing feature descriptions, but here's kind of what I'm thinking about (perhaps others with more product/feature experience might want to provide better examples). Note that these are
SAMPLE FEATURE DESCRIPTIONS:
1. Album owners can create a new album with 2 clicks 2. Album owners can one-click rotate a single image while viewing an album 3. End-users can upload an image by dragging and dropping it into an album
Here are some examples of requests that are NOT FEATURE DESCRIPTIONS:
1. Each photo should be one row in the database 2. Admins should be able to use memcache/APC/etc.
Signe's requests: http://codex.gallery2.org/User:Signe
Ckdake's thoughts: http://codex.gallery2.org/User:Ckdake#GX
Alecmyers' thoughts: http://codex.gallery2.org/User:Alecmyers
Pierre's thoughts: http://codex.gallery2.org/User:Paour
Lvthunder's thoughts: http://codex.gallery2.org/User:Lvthunder
Schultmc's thoughts: http://codex.gallery2.org/User:Schultmc/Gx
Jozef's thoughts: http://codex.gallery2.org/User:Jozefs
Bsussman's thoughts: http://codex.gallery2.org/User:Bsussman#Gx
Jakob's thoughts: http://codex.gallery2.org/User:Jhilden#GalleryX_Features.2FImprovements
Serban's thoughts: http://codex.gallery2.org/User:Serbanc
Jens' thoughts: http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dfcjkthh_0g29wsff6&hl=de
Talmdal's thought: http://codex.gallery2.org/User:Talmdal#Gx_Thoughts
bharat: (drupal, cakephp, etc) in multiple languages (java servlets, python's django, etc)
jmullan: drupal, kohana (codeigniter for php5), zend
valiant: i'd look at flow3 (typo3 NG), drupal, joomla, code igniter, ZF, django, g2, zenphoto,