Installation instructions for the Gallery2 integration module for Xaraya:
- Download Xaraya from the Xaraya website.
- Install Xaraya on your own webserver / webspace
- Download Gallery 2
- Install Gallery 2 on your own webserver / webspace
- Download the gallery2 module for Xaraya from one of the nightly snapshot mirrors at Gallery Downloads
- The xaraya integration package includes a gallery2/ folder. Copy it into your xaraya's modules directory on your webspace.
- Browse to your Xaraya's module management pages and install the Gallery2 module.
- In the config.php file of G2, set $gallery->setConfig('mode.embed.only', true); This will disable G2 standalone mode. When you're finished with the configuration process of the Xaraya module, you can optionally re-enable G2 standalone mode by setting $gallery->setConfig('mode.embed.only', false);
- Browse to the admin pages of the Gallery2 module in Xaraya and configure it.
- Optional (short URLs): If you use the G2 rewrite module, you have to configure it embedded in G2 too. Go to G2 site admin -> url rewrite in the setup tab. Then hit save in the Rules tab. Finally, you have to uncomment and configure the $systemConfiguration['BaseURI'] line in xaraya/var/config.system.php.
Note: It doesn't matter where you install G2 on your website, you probably want to install it on the top level, i.e. /path/to/documentRoot/gallery/ or as a subdirectory in your gallery2 module, i.e. /path/to/documentRoot/modules/gallery2/g2/ assuming xaraya was installed directly in the DocumentRoot folder.