Meeting Notes: August 19 2008 - Gallery Codex
Personal tools

Meeting Notes: August 19 2008

From Gallery Codex

Revision as of 14:49, 29 August 2009 by Ckdake (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Present

  • valiant (notes)
  • talmdal
  • ckdake
  • phinze
  • tim_j

Project Tasks

Summer of Code

  • firm deadline for all code is aug 18 (noon PDT). this monday (aug 11) is suggested pencils down date
  • phinze's project (image areas)
    • done with coding
    • code reviews revealed a series of issues. mostly about G2 API usage (or the lack thereof) and not about functionality
    • code review process mostly driven by talmdal
    • phinze to continye bug fixing, testing and polishing docs
    • Sep-03 is code submission date (to Google)
    • phinze and talmdal would like more input on how to resolve the comment / tag module dependencies (avoiding hardcoded module versions)
  • johndbritton's project (translation server)
    • code is in gallery-contrib now (gallery-contrib/i10n_server)
    • talmdal asked johndbritton to post it for code review (no answer yet)
    • mindless asked for step by step instructions how the translation server would be involved as a public G2 translation server (importing / exporting / merging po files) (no answer yet)
    • final deliverables are defined as: code (delivered) and docs (todo)

Gallery 1

  • Tim_j: working on 1.5.9 patch release (there won't be a 1.5.8-p* release)
  • 1.6 is baking (merging private svn to public)
  • Waiting on approval for sec. fix
  • Waiting for G1/G2 security issues to be discussed in -core (blocking 1.5.9 release)
  • Some feedback (forums) for 1.5.8, just one post (feedback) for 1.6


Gallery 2.3

  • 2.3-RC1 out the door, getting feedback, lots of small bugs
  • more localizations are coming in
  • RC2 maybe in 1-2 weeks (or later, 'cause of security stuff)
  • valiant will find out who to consult with about security
  • ckdake: could ask on GMC to get feedback regarding security issues
  • anyone with spare bandwidth: please pick one of the blocking bugs

Summer of Usability

  • jhilden: asked fellow students if they want to participate with Gallery UI redesign; no response yet
  • jhilden probably on his way back to the states right now. So no update this week.
  • valiant: what's the schedule / timeframe for the remainder?
  • ckdake: he's coordinating this with openusability. the program is generally more open ended than SoC.

Gallery Competition

  • Alec isn't here, will send update to -devel

Action Items For Next Week

(bold ones are overdue)

  • talmdal to make sure that johndbritton is informed about the deliverables (docs are still pending)
  • valiant to talk to bharat about contacting security consulant (see -core for details)
  • ckdake
    • continue to harass bharat about G1 reviews, G2 reviews, SoC
    • harass people about reviews for SoC

Not at Meeting

  • h0bbel
    • finish putting together MS testing plan ("I'll write an updated text tomorrow and get that done with. ")
    • add more to test matrix for other platforms ("No updates on MS testing plan, but I'll try to get something done about that before the next meeting.")
  • schultmc
    • update us on corporation status "Real Soon Now"
    • backport fixes and ask for code reviews or contact the security team to see if 2.2.5 can go in
  • alindeman
    • review 341: ffmpeg
    • ping h0bbel to do something about paid support by next meeting
  • beckett
    • look through integrations page on codex and update (remove obsoletes)

Completed Action items from last week

advertisements