Why have a Embedded Community?
- The Embedded Applications are scattered over multiple forums / domains
- Embedded Authors have one place to help each other
- Better communications with the G2 Developers.
Expectations / Requirements
- Embedded Community site requires the same professional look and organization as the existing G2 site.
- It should be obvious that the site is linked to the official Gallery site.
- Delegating the maintenance / administration (not just moderation) to a team not a single person.
- Separate Forum(s) for all integrations.
- News Page
- Ozgreg - domain - how about galleryembedded.menalto.com?
- Ozgreg - One Wiki works for me as long as each solution gets a namespace otherwise the Wiki could get a little crowded as the WPG2 already has 20+ pages of documentation.
- Dari - As for moving, I've got a huge userbase (35,000 + users) and loads of topics in my forums. the users of the phpbb2, phpbb3, and phpnuke integrations have gotten used to nukedgallery.net, as i've had the site up for about 3 years. i'm -1 for moving, based solely on the amount of content and data that would have to be moved.
- Dari - I'm also -1 for moving based on the fact that my site has been around for 3 years, and I've put a lot of time and effort into making it what it is today. As I stated in my email, it would take a serious incentive for me to drop nukedgallery and merge with others, and simply having a common domain name between the projects isn't incentive, since my users are used to going to nukedgallery for their integration support needs already. if anything, i think it will cause more confusion among them.
- Dari - As discussed in -core and -devel, I'm ok with having phpBB2/phpBB3/PHPNuke forums in GMC, but have those forums link to the relevant forums at Nukedgallery.net.
- Andy - Maybe subforums for the intergrations, or something like that because the forum list would become huge)
- Andy - Domain - if it's not galleryproject.org / gallery.sf.net, then embedded.gallery2.org or something that is obviously tied to an official domain would be a good idea. But I still prefer galleryproject.org.
- Andy - wiki: we can use codex.galleryproject.org
- Andy - GMC seems to be the obvious choice. It has forum+wiki+news, we have several people maintaining it.
- Kieran - Maybe a separate voting system for common embed features. A way to try to bring embed code back into G2 to simplify things for all the embed devs.
- Kieran - source control of integration code in the Gallery svn tree needs to be revisited.
- GalleryEmbedded (wiki+forums) generates around 45,000 Visitors / Month
- Traffic Roughly around the 3.5GB / Month
- NukedGallery.net pushes 8-10GB/month, with ~200,000 visitors/month.