Add a search feature to your Gallery.
Makes block available to themes. Block links to advanced search, summary search results and show-all results. Also link to display results in a slideshow if that module is active.
- Search your Gallery
- Each module can expose itself to the search module. You can search comments and other modules too.
- Add a quick search block to your sidebar
- Define what to search for in the advanced search page
- View a slideshow of your search results
- Missing features: No boolean search (e.g. holidays AND summer), no full-text search, no search by date
- Read the plugin installation instructions to enable the search module.
- Add the search block to your sidebar in site admin -> themes -> matrix (or for any other active/used theme)
- Now you and the visitors of your site see a compact search block in your sidebar in all album / photo pages.
Customization for themes
To add the search block to your theme add:
to album.tpl or theme.tpl depending on the location you desire.
Please add your feature request on sf.net and add a link here such that we have an overview of the requets specific to this module.
- With regard to the Custom Field Module, it's great that one can limit the entry field by creating a dropdown. Now I'd like to add this to the advanced search function. So one can easily filter out all files with these specific atributes. Would this be possible? I dont's know if I should add this request here or at the Custom Field or maybe you guys could work together on this? See also:
- I would like to have the ability to set default search fields (e.g custom fields only and even better, decide which custom fields although that will be a problem because they all reside in one database field)
- We would need to have the Boolean Search implemented in this module, thank you !
- It is essential on other DB back-ends for the searches to be case-insensitive. Not everybody runs on MySQL
- Add ability to search EXIF/IPTC data
There's an unofficial update extending the search module with 'Search per album' and 'Enhancement to search for each word', see http://www.saulmade.nl/g2modules/