Auto Rename Title, Filename & URL
AKA: auto_rename -or- ARTFU
This module provides a method of automatically renaming items as they're uploaded. It provides options for the title, filename, and URL renaming.
This module may be downloaded from the codex here.
To install, extract the "ARTFU" folder from the zip file into your Gallery 3 modules folder.
Afterwards log into your Gallery web site as an administrator and activate the module in the Admin -> Modules menu.
You'll need to configure the module after installation, it will tell you this :)
- Incrementing filenames/titles/urls is done via a counter for each individual album. (Think MYSQL auto-increment...)
- Files moved/deleted/changed/renamed will not mess with the auto-increment...
- v6 - Fixed a bug regarding the autoincrement not being saved with album id - resulting in conflict of slug/image names - thanks to user: tforward
- v5 - A few more code cleanups
- v4 - Changes:
- Code cleanup - removed unnecessary db hooks
- Bug Fix: If only renaming to item->id, convert the rename variable to a string so it doesn't fail validation - thanks to Rockbär for pointing this out
- Improved (fixed?) safety catch from v3... wasn't good enough.
- v3 - Added a safety catch should something go wrong, don't autorename...
- v2 - Don't remember
- v1 - Initial Release