Rate items in your gallery using the standard 5 star/heart rating system
- Many configurable options in: Admin->Settings->Ratings Settings
- Ability for admin to zero/clear out votes/ratings via Photo Options menu
A special thanks to jusie, shug17, skunker and of course, floridave for the assistance in getting this kicked off!
This module provides a 5 star/heart rating system for users to rate items in your gallery. Configurable to place a block in the sidebar -or- under the photo on the photo page.
This module may be downloaded from the codex here.
To install, extract the "ratings" folder from the zip file into your Gallery 3 modules folder.
Afterwards log into your Gallery web site as an administrator and activate the module in the Admin -> Modules menu.
It is listed as 'Photo Ratings' in the module list.
You'll want to configure the module after installation.
- REPORTS OF ISSUES WITH G3 3.0.2 no icons displayed. UPGRADE! 3.0.2 is old!
- Ability for admin to alter the votes IE: Add [x] [4star] votes to this item
- Freeze ratings on particular item. (? Unsure of at this time)
- Pink Unicorns!
- v18 - Revision(s) for duplicate votes - allow from same IP with diff userid...
- v15 - Now with cameras!
- v14 - Now with stars!
- v13 - Added admin option in 'Photo Options' menu to clear out all ratings/votes for an item
- v12 - Added option in settings for "allow only registered users to vote"
- v11 - Text color now configurable via admin settings
- v10 - Bug fixes
- Minor bug fixes on color settings (if not previously defined)
- Made 'vote' a configurable word (for translation)
- Made 'cast your vote' string configurable (as above)
- v9 - Lots of things ( thanks to jusie and shug17! )
- Moved css and js into views (as some themes don't like 'function head($theme)' or so it seems
- This could be a problem for any module that uses this function in module/helpers/module_theme.php with these themes...
- Appears to be a problem with any themes generated with the themeroller module <- they are non-compliant
- This fix shouldn't affect 'compliant' themes
- Added support for changing fill/voted/hover colors of 'stars'
- Overall code cleansing
- v8 - Okay, fixed another instance of a bad URL with index.php in it.
- v7 - Hopefully a few more fixes - and that we didn't go backwards
- v6 - Initial support for additional iconsets (in it's infancy right now)
- v5 - Fixed '0 vote' to '0 votes'
- v4 - Minor change in admin settings to set in sidebar or under photo, but not both...
- v3 - Minor css change for allowing diff iconsets (also included filmstrip.png - although not used)
- v2 - Mods of a few items... prep for custom icons work...
- v1 - Initial Release