Meeting Notes: Dec 07 2006 - Gallery Codex
Meeting Notes: Dec 07 2006
From Gallery Codex
- Target RC-1 for weekend of 16-Dec
- codename/logo are ready
- webdav/httpauth getting closer, target currently pending changes for next tuesday
- browser testing not complete; mindless wants to do a bit more next week, but ok moving this to an RC-2 blocker
- One P9 bug left.. virshu wasn't able to reproduce the problem. mindless suggests one more person try it, if it works then we'll bump the bug down to P8. no volunteers to test it though.
- Coding standards: proposal to change "If for some reason your editor does not support smart tabs and you're finding it too difficult, you can use only spaces and the next person to edit the file with a smart editor will fix it." to "If for some reason your editor does not support smart tabs and you're finding it too difficult, you can use [this script] to update your files before commit."
- Zimzat already wrote this script.. he will upload it to codex, mindless will update the doc.
- flash banner ads ready, Joe7 would still like better landing page/docs, copy&paste examples; hopes we can prioritize this
- ckdake may have some time for this next week
- G1 docs are way out of date
- will be replaced with links to codex for next G1 release
- ckdake has not received emails back from college proposal for doc writers
- will try again in December
- schultmc talked to SPI, found our Google Ads revenue is not tax exempt (can't go through SPI); to determine if affiliate revenue is tax exempt they need to see the affiliate agreements. schultmc to get that info from MikeK and followup with SPI.
- building search index caused db problems, not active now
- bharat needs to contact drupal devs
- bharat owns this
- No updates this week
- h0bbel / ckdake get nervous on new G1 releases due to insufficient testing
- If releasing a new version of G1 requires us to put more resources in the G1 section of the forums, then this is a bad thing for the project.
- Quality control has been lacking in recent releases
- We agree that G1.5.x releases need more testing and that G1.6 should be blocked until it has received sufficient testing
- A G1.5 testing plan shouldn't be that hard: A matrix of major features + changes from the changelog vs. browser/server env. Exhaustive tesring is not necessary, just major features + changes since the last release.
- G1.6 testing needs much more work. More environments and a more detailed feature list should span the matrix.
Last Week's Action Items
- valiant to work on security 1.4
- Tim_j, ckdake will decide how to handle G1 docs
- jablko to work on webdav blockers
- birdman to work on DB2 REORG/RUNSTATS upgrade
- valiant to test webdav with windows client again