Meeting Notes: Dec 21 2006 - Gallery Codex
Meeting Notes: Dec 21 2006
From Gallery Codex
- Target RC-1 for 27-Dec
- webdav is working, just one P9 issue left (several P8 for RC-2..)
- want to get banner ads out asap. ckdake will ask Joe7 to proceed.
- flash banner ads ready, still waiting for better landing page/docs, copy&paste examples; Joe7 hopes we can prioritize this
- New main page, development page, about page and quick start guide have launched. New Downloads page nearly ready.
- agreed to review "Using Gallery" section of README.html and merge anything useful into Quick Start Guide on codex, then replace this section in README with a link to Quick Start Guide. ckdake will do this.
- ckdake has not received emails back from college proposal for doc writers
- will try again in December
- schultmc talked to SPI, found our Google Ads revenue is not tax exempt (can't go through SPI); to determine if affiliate revenue is tax exempt they need to see the affiliate agreements. schultmc got some info from MikeK, expecting more soon.
- building of search index running again, small bits in off hours.. at 40%
- bharat needs to contact drupal devs
- bharat owns this
- Gallery now a project on launchpad: https://launchpad.net/products/gallery but translations(rosetta) not setup yet.
- Ready to try an import.. mindless will prepare a file for ckdake.
- For now we'll have to download a tgz of updates and commit ourselves, but that may change later.
- No updates this week
- h0bbel / ckdake get nervous on new G1 releases due to insufficient testing
- If releasing a new version of G1 requires us to put more resources in the G1 section of the forums, then this is a bad thing for the project.
- Quality control has been lacking in recent releases
- We agree that G1.5.x releases need more testing and that G1.6 should be blocked until it has received sufficient testing
- A G1.5 testing plan shouldn't be that hard: A matrix of major features + changes from the changelog vs. browser/server env. Exhaustive tesring is not necessary, just major features + changes since the last release.
- G1.6 testing needs much more work. More environments and a more detailed feature list should span the matrix.
- bharat and mindless to do dry run for RC-1 release, then do RC-1 release when ready
- ckdake to do README->QSG changes (see docs section above)
- jablko/valiant to work on webdav blockers
- birdman to work on DB2 REORG/RUNSTATS upgrade