Meeting Notes: July 29 2008 - Gallery Codex
Meeting Notes: July 29 2008
From Gallery Codex
- bharat (notes)
Summer of Code
- Aug 11th is the suggested end date, Aug 18 noon PDT is the final date.
- beckett reports not much news from phinze
- phinze put an email out on devel (subj: "Image Areas Attack Plan Alpha") which has received some review, but needs more review.
- johndbritton: "I'm making progress, albeit slowly." in -devel mail. he's having some troubles with strings, will be busy for next 2 days, then in full swing after
Summer of Usability
- jhilden has been doing some user testing ("and it went pretty well")
- jhilden "there are definitely still some points in the design that could use improvement but i would really like to start building some of it to do some REAL user testing but i need help for that"
- bharat volunteers to help.
- Bharat is going to send out reimbursements for all submitted expenses by next meeting
- Tim_j has been fixing bugs (early testers found lots of bugs in 1.5.8)
- Waiting for ckdake to come back and release it
- 2.3-RC1 out the door, getting feedback, lots of small bugs
- valiant: the one thing i'm worried most about is the upgrade path where the entity/map description isn't inserted into the schema table for some reason
- bharat: we can consider adding checkpoints to core code to deal with "big upgrade" problem
- valiant: we should fix the imagemagick 6.4 problem before RC2
- virshu will create bug for imagemagick 6.x and assign it to himself and work on it for RC2
- alindeman/valiant will work on user album core permission bug
- valiant will update blocking bug list for RC2
- RC2 tentative timeframe: Aug 13th.
- Still missing some icons
- Upgrade SnapGalaxy to 1.0 (per bharat's discussion with Keval on -devel)
- Alec isn't here, so carrying forward last week's notes:
- Some thoughts:
- Competitions are good to get people involved
- Focus on the gallery usage not the content.
- Criteria: visual impact, good design usability, novel features, unusual customization
- Basis of the competition is predicated on the assumption that there are people who have done more with gallery than just download and stick with a straight install - tuned the templates, adjusted the css, custom themes
- More than a new theme contest, more of a showcase
- Overall, +1 for the contest...
Action Items For Next Week
(bold ones are overdue)
- continue to harass bharat about G1 reviews, G2 reviews, SoC
- update us on corporation status "Real Soon Now"
- backport fixes and ask for code reviews or contact the security team to see if 2.2.5 can go in
- review 341: ffmpeg
- ping h0bbel to do something about paid support by next meeting
- look through integrations page on codex and update (remove obsoletes)
- rework the SoC timeline with phinze so that he can be successful
- Summarize the discussion regarding Gallery2 direction and radical approaches to take to -devel.
- Bharat has a draft of the email, is working on it.
Not at Meeting
- finish putting together MS testing plan
- add more to test matrix for other platforms
Completed Action items from last week
- continue to get fryfrog/talmdal to help with some release testing