Meeting Notes: May 27 2008 - Gallery Codex
Meeting Notes: May 27 2008
From Gallery Codex
- ckdake (notes)
- ymhee_bcex (virshu)
- tim_j (late)
- johndbritton (late)
- talmdal (late)
Summer of Usability
- jhilden has started on expert benchmark analysis. looks great so far
- should also look at zenphoto, coppermine, maybe picasaweb
- a lot of the upload process is about meta-data
- focus needs to be on improving the user experience so it's not so "tech-head" oriented. radical changes are good if needed.
Summer of Code
- first offical day of SoC coding was yesterday
- completed intro task and is onto the project
- developing a design document for the image tagging feature
- want to use terminology and ideas from facebook and flickr to make it easy for users
- will start documenting progress on codex.
- within 2 weeks should have strings importing from automated builds
- drupal doesn't import string translations unless they are already in the system, so code needs to be written to do this. we already have code to generate strings.raw for each module that works
- 1.5.8-RC1 and 1.6-alpha4 on May 31st. still on track, will be released with some reviews still open.
- bharat has been too busy for reviews, none from beckett, a few from jmullan
- waiting on answers to e-mails to -core to resolve several issues, otherwise they won't be fixed
- G1 will now log every login attempt
- ckdake will use tim_j's private svn to build packages
- bharat and valiant imported all the changes into the private 2.2.5 branch. now we need to do some testing before we make packages and announce it to the redistributors
- still going to simultaneously do 2.2.5 and 2.3-RC1
- designer is working on t-shirt design (supposedly)
Action Items For Next Week
(bold ones are overdue)
- get fryfrog/talmdal to help with some release testing
- harass bharat about G1 reviews, G2 reviews, SoC
- dry run of G2 release process
- follow up with fryfrog to do some SQLite testing (from several months ago nightly -> upgrade to latest in SVN)
- commit icons for paularmstrongdesigns and KSIcons
- continue work on G1 security issues including backporting to 1.5 series.
- update us on corporation status "Real Soon Now"
- backport fixes and ask for code reviews or contact the security team to see if 2.2.5 can go in (after end of next friday when school is over and will have more time)
Not at Meeting
- finish putting together MS testing plan
- add more to test matrix for other platforms
- look through integrations page on codex and update (remove obsoletes)
- ping phinze for SoC updates
Completed Action items from last week
- add radio buttons for Gallery Plan/Your own plan in digibug module.