- talmdal (notes)
- Summit at Googleplex.
- talmdal and schultmc are attending
- Both students were given a pass. talmdal will follow up with johndbritton about the state of the documentation.
- 1.5.9 and 1.6RC2 were released last week. Both went smoothly.
- We need to unblue the bottom three entries on the main page.
- G2.3 is only blocked by 2 bugs now which are assigned to virshu and alindeman. We should know more by the end of the week.
- If there is no progress on the useralbum bug by the weekend, valiant will reassign it to him
- Tentatively RC2 release for the middle of next week.
- Complete runs of unit tests should be done this week.
- If RC2 is released by Sep 30, the tenative target for G2.3 could be October 14th.
- No Updates
- jhilden has 2 student teams that want to work on Gallery. Gallery2:Usability:Interface_Redesign_Fall_2008
- UI mockups (goal being that developers get an idea of what the semantic HTML is like so we can divide out into what's generated by the core, what comes form modules, and what is applied by themes)
- establishing personas is a good idea
What's Next (Gx-sprint)
- Scheduled for late October. jhilden is confirmed, Thumb is a maybe.
- Bharat is working on distilling feature sets
- Work needs to be done to sort out what type of framework. (flow3 (typo3 NG), drupal, joomla, kohana(code igniter), ZF, django, g2, zenphoto, zend)
Should "cherry pick" the best of the breed for the Gx application framework.
Action Items For Next Week
(bold ones are overdue)
- update us on corporation status "Real Soon Now"
- backport fixes and ask for code reviews or contact the security team to see if 2.2.5 can go in
- post versions to backports.org
- bharat and talmdal to run complete test suite
- talmdal will push johndbritton for more documentation
Not at Meeting
- alindeman and virshu to complete the G2.3 fixes
to work on their own Gx product oriented feature list
- finish putting together MS testing plan ("I'll write an updated text tomorrow and get that done with. ")
- add more to test matrix for other platforms ("No updates on MS testing plan, but I'll try to get something done about that before the next meeting.")
- review 341: ffmpeg
- ping h0bbel to do something about paid support by next meeting
- look through integrations page on codex and update (remove obsoletes)
Completed Action items from last week