Shorten Gallery's album and item links using bit.ly's URL shortening service.
With the popularity of sharing links via Twitter, Facebook, and SMS has come several URL shortening services, including bit.ly. The Gallery bit.ly module sends Gallery's album, photo, and movie item links to bit.ly to be shortened to something like http://bit.ly/g5KSqt.
- Provides "Shorten link with bit.ly" site and contextual menu links
- Displays shortened links in the info module's sidebar block
- Choose bit.ly or j.mp as a base URL
- Provides static methods to shorten and retrieve item links for other Gallery modules, including Twitter
Support, Bug Reports
Please post problems, questions, and comments to http://galleryproject.org/node/100816
- Sign up for a bit.ly account
- Download and unpack the zip bundle to your Gallery 3 modules directory
- Enable the module via Admin > Modules
- Configure the module at Admin > Settings > bit.ly
- Enter your bit.ly Username and API Key
- Select a preferred domain, bit.ly or j.mp
The module is also available via Git in gallery3-contrib
A few additional notes on the bit.ly module.
- The preferred domain setting may be changed at anytime without breaking existing shortened links. The Gallery item's bit.ly hash can be used with either domain.
- Your bit.ly account will provide some nice extras, including click counts, QR codes, and social network sharing stats for your shortened Gallery links.