Raw Photos adds support for raw photo formats that are produced by digital cameras. When photos are imported, they are converted to the JPEG format using the dcraw tool.
- Upgrade your Gallery installation to 3.0.3 or higher. Before version 3.0.3 is released, you will have to pull build 164 or higher using git.
- Use git to pull the module source from
- Install the dcraw tool. To access all features, use at least version 8.81. Installation may not be possible without elevated permissions on your web host.
- Activate one of the graphics toolkits that supports the PPM image format: either ImageMagick or GraphicsMagick. Raw Photos will not work with GD.
- Activate the module at Login -> Admin -> Modules. Check the box next to the module Raw Photos. Click Update at the bottom of the page.
- Optionally, enable the Keep Original module to preserve the original raw format. Otherwise, the files will be converted to the JPEG format and the originals will be discarded.
- Configure the Raw Photos module at Login -> Admin -> Raw Photos. You can optionally add an ICC profile, to fine tune the color conversion.
See the forum topic.
Version 4 (in development)
- Preserve EXIF information, and allow the autorotate module to reorient photos
- Extend support to more raw photo formats
- Require Gallery 3.0.3 or higher, for item conversion support
- Extend support to older dcraw versions from 3.40 to 8.80