Meeting Notes: July 22 2008 - Gallery Codex
Meeting Notes: July 22 2008
From Gallery Codex
- talmdal (notes)
- Bharat is waiting for expenses to be submitted. The deadline is July 29th. Printed copies are not essential if electronic copies are available.
- It was lots of fun (for those that attended)
- It started some important discussions, to be continued on -core
- Thanks to Tim_j for organizing.
- Everything is ready
- ckdake will do packaging when he returns from holidays.
- G2.3-RC-1 is pretty much ready.
- We are currently blocked by an svn browser outage of SF.net. The workaround is to host the README.html on GMC.
- Tackle the pri 7-9 bugs in the next 2-3 weeks.
- Re incomplete icon packs... "incomplete packs are better than no packs".
Summer of Code
- talmdal will ask johndbritton to post some code to start initial reviews
- phinze is making progress as well. beckett owes phinze a long IRC chat session this week.
- Google recommends ending SoC on August 11 to have a week to finalize.
Summer of Usability
- Some thoughts:
- Competitions are good to get people involved
- Focus on the gallery usage not the content.
- Criteria: visual impact, good designm usability, novel features, unusual customization
- Basis of the competition is predicated on the assumption that there are people who have done more with gallery than just download and stick with a straight install - tuned the templates, adjusted the css, custom themes
- More than a new theme contest, more of a showcase
- Overall, +1 for the contest...
Action Items For Next Week
(bold ones are overdue)
- continue to harass bharat about G1 reviews, G2 reviews, SoC
- update us on corporation status "Real Soon Now"
- backport fixes and ask for code reviews or contact the security team to see if 2.2.5 can go in
- look through integrations page on codex and update (remove obsoletes)
- Summaries the discussion regarding Gallery2 direction and radical approaches to take to -devel.
Not at Meeting
- finish putting together MS testing plan
- add more to test matrix for other platforms
Completed Action items from last week
- continue to get fryfrog/talmdal to help with some release testing